wonderfully made: 40 week bumpdate

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

40 week bumpdate

Let's face it. I'm huge, hormonal, haven't worn makeup since last Thursday, and OVER IT. This picture is from my last day of work last week, so technically I was 39 weeks and 1 day along. Let's just call it 40 weeks though, okay? I'm pretty sure my stomach hasn't changed since then. So anyway, we've reached 40 weeks which is the end of the countdown but so far, not the end of the road. Any day now! (I've been saying that for 3 weeks...)


How far along:  FORTY weeks. The end of the countdown!

Size of babe: What is a jackfruit, exactly? Anyway, it's big. Just take my word for it.




Gender: Mr. Man! His full initials were revealed here! Anyone betting on a last minute surprise? I keep joking with Mark and saying "what if it's really a girl?" hahaha...not so funny to him.

Husband: Doing great and being anxious along with me about the impending arrival! He even sacrificed his 'last game of disc golf ever' to go with me to a consignment sale on Sunday. He's the best! (and he totally loved shopping for baby clothes)

Maternity Clothes: Now that I'm off work, it's pretty much tank tops and stretchy shorts all day every day.

Loving: hot baths, ice cold water, cereal, ice cold milk, frozen grape flavored fruit bars, quiet days at home.

Loathing: Walking, driving, people asking me if I'm in labor, getting out of bed, the entire bottom half of my body.

Movement: Yep! Little boy is more rolls than kicks now but ever since finding out how big he was at 37 weeks, he feels SO much bigger in there. He has this new thing where he wedges his foot into my ribs and it's AWESOME. (not awesome.)

Symptoms: Lots of pain down below, acid reflux, backaches, some contractions here and there of varying intensity.

Best Part of the Week: I scored some major deals at Divine Consign this week (over TWO days); so much so that Mark told me "how about no more clothes shopping" yesterday. hehehe. But it's such a good deal!!!

Worst Part of the Week: General anxiousness, worrying that my water might break in public, attempts to read signs and symptoms but just not really knowing at ALL when things are going to happen or how they might happen.

Missing Most: Sleeping normally. I figure I have at least another 9-12 months to wait for things to go back to even CLOSE to normal, though...

Can't wait for: This baby!!!! C'mon, lovebug!

....................................................................................

       week 16                                week 17                                        week 18

    week 19                                week 20                                   week 21

   

                      week 22                                                      week 23

week 24                                 week 25                               week 26

   week 27                                   week 28                                 week 29 

 

                  week 30                                      week 31                                    week 32

       

week 33                          week 34                           week 35

        

week 36                                week 37                           week 38


dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!