wonderfully made: 39 week bumpdate

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

39 week bumpdate

(this was taken after I woke up from my impromptu post-work nap. whoops.)
ONE week until baby B's due date. At this point, it feels like it has flown by! Tomorrow is my last day at work and then it's OFFICIALLY time for him to make his arrival anytime after (or even before, I won't be mad) that. I've felt HUGE this week and the waddle is in full force. Everything hurts and this little one is due to make his appearance so, so soon!


How far along:  39 weeks!

Size of babe: We're at the watermelon stage. I want to say something about this but I simply have no words. Hold me.





Gender: Mr. Man! His full initials were revealed here!

Husband: Made me seethe with anger when he DARED to turn down the fan when he came to bed the other night. I, of course, was easily awoken and simply said "I'M SWEATING". Then, he told me it was 'impossible' that I was sweating because he was in a sweatshirt. He THEN told me that it was 'all mental'...

oh yes, he paid/is paying for that interaction. 

Maternity Clothes: If by maternity clothes you mean dresses and/or no clothes, then yes. 

Loving: hot baths, a cold swimming pool, ice cold water, french fries and fried chicken.

Loathing: Oy. everything that isn't listed on the 'loving' list above. It's getting rough, y'all.

Movement: Ouch. I'm beginning to think that labor isn't a beautiful event where a woman's body works to move out the baby inside and instead it's the large baby forcefully kicking it's way out of the womb. I don't think I believe Google when it says that a baby's kicks can't break your water.

Symptoms: ALL of them. All of them. Although contractions are few and far between, I'm pretty much dealing with everything else. Especially pelvic pain. Here's a little tidbit for anyone wanting to be pregnant in the future - no one tells you that it will feel like you've been kicked in the crotch by a horse while, simultaneously, the jaws of life are ripping apart your pelvis. I'm REALLY hoping this means a baby can easily be birthed by me because OH, THE PAIN!!!! Some women only experience it at the end but I've had it pretty much 100% of the third trimester. The waddle is whack, y'all.

Best Part of the Week: One of the best parts of the week but also anxiety inducing was finding out that I'm making progress in the labor department at my appointment last week. It's hard not really knowing what will happen as a first time mom but I got a little news that made it clear that my body does, in fact, sort of know what to do in this situation and it's preparing. Exciting! I have another appointment this afternoon so we'll see if anything has changed...

Worst Part of the Week: The anxiety is still with me but it comes in waves. It's hard feeling so uncomfortable and not being able to do anything to fix it. All of my typical vices (shopping, eating, drinking a cold Dr. Pepper) aren't even satisfying anymore for one reason or another (read: heartburn and/or being on a budget) so there's really no relief. Getting into bed or rolling over is SO uncomfortable and pretty much nothing gives me the relief I'd like. I'm excited for the day that I can sleep on my stomach again and be able to bend over without feeling limbs inside my belly!

Missing Most: See above re: sleep, bending over, getting comfortable, being able to self-soothe. 

Can't wait for: I'm at 39 weeks so I think I'm allowed to say that I can't wait for this baby boy's arrival!!!! And/or the JBF sale I'm going to tomorrow, IF I make it. ;) 

....................................................................................

       week 16                                week 17                                        week 18

    week 19                                week 20                                   week 21

   

                      week 22                                                      week 23

week 24                                 week 25                               week 26

   week 27                                   week 28                                 week 29 

 

                  week 30                                      week 31                                    week 32

       

week 33                          week 34                           week 35

        

week 36                                week 37                           week 38
dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!