wonderfully made: 33 week bumpdate

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

33 week bumpdate


33 weeks summary: I'm starting to lose count of the weeks and focusing more on days (less than 50!). I'm feeling even more pregnant with lots of aches and pains and difficulty breathing but baby is still safe and sound in there. It's crazy that it's starting to become time to watch for Braxton Hicks contractions and all that jazz. Still 7 weeks to go though! I had an appointment yesterday and baby is measuring right on time. I'm pretty sure I had a huge growth spurt around week 28 and I've stayed the same for the past 5 weeks because 4 weeks ago at my appointment I was measuring big, 2 weeks ago I was measuring just a week ahead, and this week I was measuring right on track. Good to know he's not huge (yet!). Just 4 weeks until full term!


How far along:  thirty-three weeks!!! I'm starting to lose count of the weeks!

Size of babe: a Durian. 500 bonus points to anyone that knows what that is OR has had one before!




Gender: Mr. Man! 

Husband: I was telling him all about baby the other day and how he should be talking to him so he knows his voice. He then decided he should play him some music so he got out his phone and put it up to my tummy. It played for a bit and then Mark goes "do you think that's too loud?!" and turned it down. hahahaha It gave me a good laugh!

Maternity Clothes: Yes, but I still think I'm smaller than I really am. Every day or two I try to put on something non-maternity (but still loose or baggy) thinking it will fit over my bump only to be surprised when it's awkwardly tight across my midsection. My wardrobe is getting a lot smaller these days and I'm about ready to be able to wear my old clothes again! 

I did buy these in a moment of weakness the other day and I'm mostly excited about how freaking comfortable they look. I can't wait to get them! Hopefully that's all the maternity shopping I'll need to do before baby comes! Hopefully...







Loving: Water, any sort of down time, sitting in the nursery, talking to Mark about our impending parenthood, and seeing the car seat base and other baby items installed in my car already. :)

Loathing: The sleep schedule is still a little off. Also still loathing indigestion, needing to eat even when I feel bad, bending over, having to go to the bathroom a lot, not being able to complete simple tasks and running out of energy quickly.

Movement: Moving around just as much as always! Kicks are getting more painful, as are jabs. I did some googling and I'm pretty sure baby boy has been in the head down, facing my back position for a while. I'm constantly feeling his butt on my tummy and sometimes he rotates to the left and gives me some hard kicks to the right side. From what I've read, this is a good labor position so I hope he stays there!

Symptoms: I believe I've had a couple Braxton Hicks contractions! Nothing constant but definitely a few moments where I felt 'off' and my stomach tightened up. I'm swelling off and on some days mostly in my lower legs right before my ankles. It's a little odd. My legs feel really tight when that happens. I'm still struggling with indigestion too, womp. 

Best Part of the Week: Finishing the nursery and sharing it with y'all! Thanks for all the great feedback! We are loving it and I spend some time in there every day! :)

Worst Part of the Week: I'm struggling with the time here...I want to enjoy this pregnancy (it's been quite easy) but I also want to meet my baby. I'm also starting to get tired and uncomfortable (more so than usual) and it's hard not to wish away the weeks. I forgot what it feels like to not be pregnant. That's just been the cloud hanging over me for the last couple of weeks and I'm hoping I can push it away and really enjoy these last 7 weeks! 

Missing Most: See above...just missing my old body and being able to get out of bed without grunting or fear that I'll pull something.

Can't wait for: this baby to get here! I've suddenly been hit with a big lack of patience. I tend to always be ready for things on time or a little early (like work, going on vacation, etc) and I think that is biting me in the butt with pregnancy. The nursery is ready, the diapers are stocked, the car seat is installed, we have the pediatrician set up, etc., etc. I just want to hold this baby!!!

....................................................................................

       week 16                                week 17                                        week 18

    week 19                                week 20                                   week 21

   

                      week 22                                                      week 23

week 24                                 week 25                               week 26

   week 27                                   week 28                                 week 29 

 

                  week 30                                      week 31                                    week 32

dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!