wonderfully made: 28 week bumpdate

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

28 week bumpdate

28 weeks! Do you know what that means? Third trimester!!! How is this possible?! Baby boy is growing quickly and constantly kicking! I have my glucose test on Friday so all fingers crossed that I pass! 


How far along:  28 weeks!!!

Size of babe: an eggplant!




Gender: Mr. Man! (name is still a secret! shhhh!)

Husband: He's doing great and treating me right, as always! He asked me this week "so...what do I do when you get close to your due date? Do I need to stay home from work?" hahaha this boy. So silly, so innocent, so clueless. We've started having informative discussions about what to expect from labor and delivery (after we opted not to take any birthing classes, Mark agreed to listen and attempt to comprehend some basic labor knowledge from me) and I must say I think he may be more nervous than I am about labor now!

Maternity Clothes: Yep! I'm starting to fear for myself (and the people around me) in anticipation of the next 3 months. Most normal clothes are slowly being phased out and I'm afraid NOTHING will fit by the end, at the rate I'm going. Plus, NO ONE CARRIES MATERNITY CLOTHES!!! I went to a SUPER Wal-mart this week and they didn't carry maternity clothes! What?! I just wanted some $5 tank tops!!! It's insane, y'all. INSANE.

I DID stop into the mall last week and picked up a few things (and I've returned a few things too). I got the dress I'm wearing in the photo at H&M. I like it, but it's admittedly not great material and feels/looks cheap up close. BUT I do like that H&M is relatively affordable and the dress is super comfy. 



I tried this dress on as well and liked it, but didn't buy it this time. Maybe later!


Stretch Marks: Still in the same place as before! I'm hopeful I don't get them elsewhere.

Loving: The warm sun, my random spurts of energy, and all the little movements that are becoming clearer!

Loathing: Kicks in the bladder, cartwheels (inside of me) when I'm trying to go to sleep, aches and pains all over my abdomen and chest, my evolving waddle.

Belly Button: Still in most of the time...sometimes it flattens out but that's only about 15% of the time.

Movement: Duh! This little one doesn't sleep much, I'm thinking. Uh oh....

Symptoms: I'm starting to make more trips to the bathroom. I was just saying that I haven't had this problem but it's happening more often now. I think it's mostly due to the little jabs my bladder receives day in and day out.

Best Part of the Week: Our weekend trip to the hill country and specifically the beds and filet mignon at the resort top the list. 

Worst Part of the Week: Nothing horrible this week, but the evenings have gotten to be the worst part of the day. I feel relatively normal (albeit LARGE) most days but all of the aches and pains and weird stomach issues come up at night. I was reading a forum the other day and the women were all saying how the one thing that should be soothing - your bed - is where we are the most uncomfortable now. It's true! 

Missing Most: Being able to bend over. Yep, we've reached that point.

Can't wait for: My first baby shower this weekend! I can't wait to see friends and some family and celebrate this little boy inside me. I can't believe it's already baby shower time!

....................................................................................

       week 16                                week 17                                        week 18

    week 19                                week 20                                   week 21

   

                      week 22                                                      week 23

week 24                                 week 25                               week 26


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!