wonderfully made: 24 week bumpdate

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

24 week bumpdate

24 weeks pregnant
24 weeks! I feel like I'm prematurely entering into third trimester symptoms without actually being in my third trimester...constantly sore/tired, groaning and huffing and puffing, holding my belly, waddling, and pregnancy brain. I mistakenly sent a swimsuit order from Target to a friend...in Virginia. Yep, it was supposed to be delivered to me in Texas! #pregnancybrain

.................................................................

Anyway, I told Motley that her adoring fans missed her so she was sure to join in on a few pictures this week. I hate these pictures (another symptom - feeling huge and gross and having #tiredface after a long day/week) but I knew all of my 'real' fans (the ones that only read for the dog updates) would want to see them!






How far along?  24 weeks

Baby's size: a cantaloupe! whaaa?! I feel like that's HUGE! 


Total weight gain: Blurgh. Can I skip this question? I'm getting weighed on Friday but so far my doctor hasn't said anything negative about my weight. We'll see if my *large* jump over the past 4 weeks makes her say anything!

Maternity clothes? Yep! I've contemplated throwing on some regular work pants with a belly band but that just sounds uncomfortable at the moment. One pair of my maternity pants was a little more difficult to get on than usual last week, but I've definitely packed on some cushion on my thighs and butt/hips so I'm sure that was a contributing factor. Shirts are actually starting to get a little tight but I'm working with the one maternity shirt I bought and the few that my sister has passed down. I'm trying to hold out as long as possible on buying clothes and then just plan to buy ALL the maxi dresses in my third trimester. We'll see if it works!

Also, my first swimsuit-required trip of the summer is coming up in a few weeks and since I accidentally shipped the first suit I found to Virginia, I tried scouring the internet once more for decent maternity suits. The pickings are slim and the sizes available are even slimmer (everything cute is sold out in my size!) but I picked up a few pieces at Old Navy and tried Target again. I'll let you know which ones I'm keeping! I'm particularly excited about this one from Old Navy but I'm trying not to get my hopes up...

one piece maternity swimsuit
(looks like the mannequin and I both have long body issues)

Right now it's 30% off with code "ENJOY"


Sleep: I've been able to sleep pretty well...I'm still doing the goofy setup with all of my pillows and it seems to work every other night. My back will be fine one day and debilitating the next. I had some weird jitters/anxiousness/crankiness on Monday that could be attributed to stress or lack of good sleep, so I'll ask my doctor about that. 

Best moment this week: Nothing ground breaking this week, but we've seen a lot of people lately that either didn't know I was pregnant or were surprised at how much my bump has grown. Only a few strangers have commented in public and asked me if I was pregnant and I'm still not used to it. I KNOW I have a bump, but lots of times I'm wearing something flowy so I think it's hidden and I assume people just think I ate too many donuts that day or something...anyway, it's kind of fun to see the excitement in other's faces and get to brag a little on our sweet boy.

Worst Moment this week: Again, nothing too exciting this week! I guess it's just the back pain that is going to do me in...

Miss Anything? I'm starting to have trouble bending over and I make all sorts of grunts and noises. I didn't think I would get to this point so soon! I'll be happy to have my pre-prego body back (if/when that happens)

Cravings: Sweets, sweets, sweets, more sweets. It's embarrassing how fast we are going through the homemade desserts in my house!

Symptoms: Lots of sweet baby kicks! I've had 3 or 4 emotional breakdowns but not in the last week (I've just forgotten to mention them up until now!) In my case, I at least think the breakdowns were legitimate and over serious things, just not things that I would usually cry about. I'm not a big crier in general, but since I've been pregnant, they are long, hard sobs! haha

Looking forward to: THIS is the week that our DIY project gets finished, I just know it! I'll be back to post about it as soon as it's finished!

       week 16                                week 17                                        week 18

    week 19                                week 20                                   week 21

   

                      week 22                                                      week 23

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!