wonderfully made: 18 week bumpdate

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

18 week bumpdate

18 weeks! I feel like things are sloowwwwlllyyy starting to pick up, especially since we will be halfway in just two weeks! The bump still changes daily but I think it is here to stay. We are working on baby boy's nursery this week and I'll be sharing lots on that soon! 


How far along?  18 weeks

Baby's size: sweet potato!


Total weight gain: between 6 and 10 pounds. I'm tracking my weight at home on our scale, but my doctor also weighs me. The difference is this: the doctor weighs me with my clothes on AND at random times of the day. When I went in on Friday I was up 10 pounds and SHOCKED. BUT...I had all my clothes on and had to go to the bathroom so bad I was about to burst! That had to be at least 2 added pounds...

Maternity clothes? Um, yeah. I can't button my pants. I wore a regular pair of pants on Monday and about an hour into my day I couldn't button them. The bump gets bigger throughout the day and it was fooling no one by closing time. I think it was pissed at me because I looked a FULL 6 months pregnant yesterday (see photo). Luckily I just scored some of my favorite pants from LOFT this weekend. I think I'm going to do a post on maternity clothes soon because OMG everyone in blogland is prego! Yay for the pregos!

Sleep: Sleep is the same! Pretty much relying on a pillow between my legs. I miss sleeping on my stomach SO much! There are a couple times that I wake up somewhere between my side and on my stomach and it's almost really awesome. Baby didn't like it though, he was kicking the crap out of me on Monday night when I did this!

Best moment this week: Two moments: I had a checkup appointment on Friday and when the doctor placed the doppler on my stomach to hear the heartbeat, we heard a kick! The doppler was literally on my stomach for 3 seconds or less. Also, Mark went to kiss my stomach/the baby the other day and he also got kicked, in the mouth! I know this little one is a mover and a shaker but it's so funny how he makes his presence known. 

Worst Moment this week: Not any bad days this week, really! Just getting sore and tired at the end of the day. I have a lot of my energy back after the first trimester but it runs out quickly and when I'm beat, I'm BEAT.

Miss Anything? Stomach sleeping!!!

Cravings: I'm not really having any cravings right now, there are just certain things that sound better than others. I'm hoping my eating gets back to normal soon!

Symptoms:  round ligament pains, lots of little kicks, sore back and sides.

Looking forward to: choosing a paint color for the nursery and starting on it this weekend! Stay tuned - I'll do a post soon on my inspiration and what we've done so far!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!