wonderfully made: late night Mark-isms

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

late night Mark-isms


Mark has been a huge help over the last 10 months and has jumped right into parenthood without missing a beat. He changed ALL of Beau's diapers in the hospital and doesn't mind burping or changing him at night as long as he doesn't have to work the next day. He's been great!


Another thing about Mark is that he is a really hard sleeper. He is nearly impossible to wake up and you never really know if he's actually awake or not. There have been many times that he has gotten out of bed, let the dog out to go to the bathroom, grabbed a midnight snack, and then woke up totally confused on the couch. He remembers none of it. 

It's been a little frustrating for me to try and wake up such a hard sleeper when I need his help with Beau but on the plus side - I get some good laughs out of it!

Here are a few of the many things Mark has said to me after I attempted to wake him in the middle of the night: dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

-"I'm on the phone!"

-"Let me finish what I'm doing" me: "What are you doing?" Mark: "Dreaming."

-"Which direction?"

-me: "What are you doing?" Mark: "I'm about to...Texan's playbook"

-Mark starts patting the pillow he is holding onto. me: "What are you doing?" Mark: "Trying to find the..." moves his hand down to the bottom of the pillow and gets a confused look on his face and says "Are there straps on this thing?"



No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!