wonderfully made: a perfect balance of hot and busy | weekend recap

Monday, August 10, 2015

a perfect balance of hot and busy | weekend recap

Just like that, we're 1/3 of the way through August! 

This weekend was HOT so we spent most of our time inside, but we did take advantage of the cooler morning and evening temperatures and did a few things!

We checked out our city's newest dog park nestled under the interchange of two major highways:








I worked on some Etsy projects and finished a few REALLY CUTE camera straps! Check them and my other stock out here!





We made a date night out of Saturday and tried out Bishop Art's new Dallas Grilled Cheese Co. and ended the night with pie (duh):






...and we did a little shopping!

I started out Friday by spilling 1/2 of a bottle of water in my purse and even though I'm about to be using a diaper bag pretty much 24/7, I figured it was the perfect excuse to pick up this little pretty for just around $25:


While browsing Aldo's site, I stumbled on these and haven't been able to stop thinking about them. Mark's lucky they don't have my size left!


We also had some returns at GAP (We ordered Mark some clothes and he changed his mind on 4 of the 5 items) and ended up spending the amount we returned plus about 90% because they were doing 40% off the entire purchase AND it was tax-free weekend in Texas. I told him he better not be saying he needs new clothes any time soon!

Also, thanks a lot to Old Navy and other stores for finally coming out with their new season of clothes....I'm sure my husband would love me to buy more maternity clothes with barely 3 weeks to go before my due date. I mean, how irresistible is this floral number?!



Plus I LOVE this print and color. Perfect fall dress! With those booties, no? UGH!



And, of course, my favorite and most comfy dress ever is on sale even more at $10 with an additional 35% off. Awesome.

It's been a hard summer of little shopping but I guess it will be worth it in the end! 

Anyone beat the heat and find good deals this weekend?

Happy Monday!

..........................................................................

(linking up with these ladies!)






dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!