wonderfully made: a steal of a deal : Target's baby sale | weekend recap

Monday, July 13, 2015

a steal of a deal : Target's baby sale | weekend recap

As exciting as it sounds, spending most of my time in grocery stores over the weekend didn't make for the best weekend EVER. However, it was still a pretty good one! Relaxed - I like that! 

I started off the weekend watching New Girl. If you haven't watched it but enjoy shows like The Office, Friends, 30 Rock, etc., you need to watch it. Mark even includes this show as one of HIS favorites. We are all caught up on the seasons and just killing time until the next one comes out on Netflix...anyone know when that will be?

Anyway, Nick and I pretty much have the same view on diets:


Saturday morning, my parents came over and brought THE bumper: the pièce de résistance and the one thing we were waiting on to finish the nursery so I could share with y'all! Of course, I can't share until tomorrow (because who skips a weekend update, who?!) but here's a hint:

blue and mustard yellow nursery bedding

All the heart eyes for this little boy and his nursery! I can't wait to share it with y'all tomorrow!!!

After a fun tex-mex lunch (what else?) with my parents, they went on their way and Mark and I got down to business. I had heard about the baby sale at Target and was enticed by the various 'gift card with purchase' they were offering so I went for it:

huggies pampers target baby sale 2015 diapers

huggies pampers target baby sale 2015

It took me a while to sort out which diapers to get (they had already been picked through) and how to take advantage of the sale the best, but I think I came out alright. I ended up averaging $.08 per diaper. This DOES include the store credit I received for returning a duplicate gift, but I think it's fair to count that. I still got them all for $.13 each without the store credit in mind, which I think is about the best you can do on Pampers and Huggies. 

The sale is over now (womp womp) so I'll spare you all of the details but basically I got a $15 gift card for every (2) boxes of the same kind of diapers plus a $40 gift card for spending $200. I also have five 15% off registry completion coupons to use so I used one of those and got 5% off by using my Target RedCard. If you don't have a RedCard (we use the debit card version), I HIGHLY suggest getting one. You're just throwing 5% of your money away each time you shop if you don't have one!

Anyway, I think we're set for a while on diapers. I fully expect having to buy more of some sizes depending on how big or small our babe is, but I feel confident that I got a good deal! I plan to buy the rest of my diapers off Amazon (where Luvs diapers are about $.13 each) but figured I was getting a more 'luxury' diaper for less with this sale. We all know I love a deal!

The rest of the weekend was spent around the house relaxing and nesting a bit. I ordered this robe as a treat during my hospital stay and I LOVE it!


I monogrammed the back of it and I'm working on figuring out a way to sell them in my Etsy shop. I'll keep you posted!

floral monogrammed gift robe

I ended the weekend like this; editing the 200 nursery pictures I took (whoops) and relaxing under the fan with this puppy of mine.  We both love our low-key weekends!


Was your weekend relaxing as well? Tell me in the comments! I love hearing from you!

{linking up with these lovely ladies today}




dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!