wonderfully made: Blogtober day 7 - best/worst vacation

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Blogtober day 7 - best/worst vacation

I’m not sure I have a worst vacation…I feel a little ungrateful saying anything bad about the opportunities I’ve had!

The one thing that comes to mind would have to be our trip to New Orleans last fall. Honestly, we had a really good time and I dream about the beignets from Café du Monde every day (#omgyum). We saw lots of beautiful things and the wedding we went to was gorgeous and a BLAST!



parts 1, 2, and 3 here!





The ‘worst’ part of that vacation would have to be the 7 hour drive that took us 10 hours because of POURING rain (seriously, we couldn’t drive faster than 30mph for a solid 2 hours), the complete middle-of-nowhere feeling we had on that stretch of highway before hitting New Orleans, the rain that lasted all weekend, the stench of Bourbon Street, and the weird, dirty infrastructure that we found everywhere in town. It was mostly the city of New Orleans/Louisiana that we didn’t like. Plus we got a red light ticket (that we didn't pay). BUT it was a great time!!! Have I made that clear?!


I think the award for best vacation is kind of a tie. I LOVED our honeymoon on Kauai (again-post coming someday on this!), it was gorgeous and we had a blast, but our hotel wasn’t everything we had hoped for and we were still jittery from wedding stuff so I couldn’t totally relax. The other contender for best vacation would be our most recent trip to California. Our awesome hotel with all it’s perks coupled with our good planning, budgeting, and happy-go-lucky attitudes made it for a pretty care-free and awesome trip. It wasn’t Hawaii, though!

Displaying IMG_0225.JPG

Displaying IMG_0226.JPG

Displaying IMG_0227.JPG

I've blogged about California WAY too much, but in case you missed it, here are the recaps! 




I try to make the best out of any trip, and love squeezing everything good out of them!!! What was your best vacation??


Join us here for #blogtober14!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!