wonderfully made: Blogtober day 6 - 5 things I told myself when I started blogging

Monday, October 6, 2014

Blogtober day 6 - 5 things I told myself when I started blogging

Happy Monday! I'm back for day 6 of #blogtober14. Check my two older posts for days 4 and 5 over the weekend! :)

I’ve only been blogging a little over a year, and I can’t say that I told myself a variety of things, it’s just that I had some crazy broad ideas. So I’m going to narrow this down to the 5 things I told myself when I started blogging:

-5- 

I’d blog every day with good content about DIY projects in my house with breakdowns of cost and time. Y’all, that is a LOT to keep track of and keep up with! I’ve definitely had my share of DIY projects and how-to’s, but I can’t stage every project and break down the cost of everything because that takes time and frankly, I’m super impatient!


-4- 

I’d make a ton of blog friends. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve corresponded with plenty of you guys, but so far, no blogger meet ups! I’m not counting Kendi, because I wasn’t blogging when we met. Oh yeah, on the night of my engagement. :)


-3- 

Sponsors would be dying to PAY me to write for them. Bahahahaha! Yes, I’ve been contacted by sponsors, but I’m definitely not close to quitting my day job.

Displaying IMG_0199.PNG




-2-

I’d be Young House Love famous in a few years. Well, I hear there might be an opening in the market, so I’m not totally writing this one off yet… (don’t leave us YHL!!!)


 -1-  

     HTML was so super easy to learn (it’s not the hardest thing ever, but it can be challenging!) I was literally stuck for about 3 months because I had hit a glitch on blogger and I wasn’t able to update my page or profile. I finally did some serious googling and figured it out. It was so frustrating!

yikes.

I will say this - I've learned a ton during my short stint at blogging and I love what it provides for me, monetarily and emotionally. I love reading stories and I love documenting my simple life and reading back to see where I've come from. I'm so glad you're reading too! 

Happy Monday! 



Join up with us here for #blogtober14!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!