wonderfully made: Blogtober day 13 - favorite (fall) recipe

Monday, October 13, 2014

Blogtober day 13 - favorite (fall) recipe

I've met lots of people that aren't crazy about sweets. I find that hard to relate to because my family has always LOVED sweets. My mom is an awesome cook and she has a myriad of super tasty dessert recipes, which I'm so grateful to have for use in my own home now. She has tips and tricks for pumpkin pie and no bake cheesecake that make something store-bought taste awesome! There are two things, however, that I just can't quit. One of those recipes is what we simply call "rice krispie treats".

I get it, everyone grew up on the sticky, ewey gooey marshmallowy rice krispie treats. They are everywhere. I have to say though that I never really was a fan of those, even as a child, because they couldn't compare to the rice krispie treats that I knew!

These yummy, creamy, crunchy treats are a family and friends favorite. I made them recently and wanted to share the recipe with you guys! Please let me know if you make them and if you loved them! 


First, gather your ingredients:
1c. White sugar
1c. white corn syrup
1c. peanut butter
1 tbsp vanilla
6c. rice krispies (or off-brand)
1/2 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bag of butterscotch chips


Add your sugar and corn syrup to a LARGE (trust me on this) pot and bring to a boil. Make sure you stir so it doesn't burn!


Let it come to a good boil, then remove from heat.


Stir in your peanut butter and vanilla. I usually go overboard on vanilla because I LOVE it!


Then, stir in your rice krispies. I usually split it up and do two rounds of 3 cups so you can get them stirred nicely.


There shouldn't be much liquid in the pan. You want the krispies coated!


Pour into your rectangle pan (these will be about 1.5" thick. If you want them thicker, change up the pan size!)


Pat them nice and flat with your spatula. My mom uses the bottom of a measuring cup.


Let them cool!


Next, pour your chips into a microwavable bowl and heat in 1 minute increments. DON'T LET THESE BURN! Very important. I ended up doing these for about 1 minute and 45 seconds, broken into about 3 different sections so I could stir.


I like to leave the chocolate a little bit chunky, but that's up to you!


Spread it over your rice krispie bars...


....and try to avoid licking the entire spatula.


Let them cool and harden!!! This is the hardest part!


Next, cut them up...


... and serve them up!

These will be gone in about 24 hours, trust me! They are the BEST!!!! 

Happy cooking! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!