wonderfully made: new clothes, new house, new month!

Monday, June 1, 2015

new clothes, new house, new month!

It was an unexpectedly busy yet refreshing weekend. Mark and I both got a lot accomplished and the weekend was quite packed with nothing exciting but still fulfilling!

Saturday morning I started off some errands with a trip to Old Navy to use the $20 of 'super cash' I earned earlier in May. I had my eyes on this ikat tunic and was pretty set on getting it until I tried it on...


It's technically a swimsuit coverup but I figured I could get away with wearing it as a dress or a shirt until I saw the slit on the side...


Yikes! In the end I decided against it but I definitely had a good laugh in the dressing room.

After lunch Mark and I headed southwest to check out my sister's new house and help unpack a bit. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing these photos!

My sister and her husband upgraded to a home in the country with over an acre of land and more space for the kids to play. They've been wanting more space for a while and I know they are excited about the future! We loved seeing the house and dove into unpacking. Here are some 'before' photos after I was already about 8 boxes into unpacking the kitchen:



Of course the house was jam-packed with boxes and general chaos - all normal during a move! They had only been in the house for 24 hours.


Mark helped all around the house: breaking down boxes, doing some heavy lifting, etc. See the pile of boxes below? (how awesome are their high ceilings?!)


Like I've mentioned, Texas got a TON of rain in May. If you've watched the news at all, you might have already known that. I saw this infographic on Facebook Friday and and it's since been popping up everywhere and thought it was SUPER interesting...check it out:


All that water caused some problems when my dad was attempting to mow my sister's back 'yard':


Stuck!



He and Chris wrangled it out of the mud and he was able to continue with his chore.


In true Bennett/Redman fashion, we had a last-minute gathering at the house on Saturday night. Always a party!




I worked in the kitchen for a good 5-6 hours and finally accomplished clean counters!


I LOVE her big windows looking out on the yard! Such good prep space!



We came home POOPED after all the work. 

Sunday was full of more family. the Byron Nelson, cleaning, and general relaxing. I ended the night catching up on Downton Abbey and painted my nails. I'm still loving this Sally Hansen Kook a Mango!


So, it's finally JUNE!!! I don't know where this year has gone but I'm so happy that it's June and we have sunny skies in our forecast!!! 

Read more weekend recaps over on B loved Boston! ;)

Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!