wonderfully made: a re-introduction | five on Friday

Friday, May 29, 2015

a re-introduction | five on Friday

Hey y'all!


I've seen some new faces around here so today I want to kick off five on Friday and share a bit about myself so we can all get to know each other!

one.

I'm Diana - wife to Mark, dog mom to Motley, and soon-to-be-mama (September 2nd-ish!) to a little boy. I live in a suburb of Dallas and started this blog almost two years ago when we bought our first house. My husband and I are both in the 'business', meaning he's an architect and I'm a designer. We often get in over our heads with home projects (like our kitchen remodel, landscaping, and new flooring) but our frugal side always gives us false confidence. 

I like to budget, decorate, spend too much money on fresh flowers, binge watch Netflix,  drink gallons of Dr. Pepper, daydream of vacation,  and eat Mexican food. I'm most comfortable in jeans and a white t-shirt, hate getting my hair cut, feel overdressed in jewelry, and wish there was a solution to wearing a baseball hat and sunglasses at the same time. I grew up in band, playing volleyball, and spending summer nights with friends at Sonic in my small hometown in Texas. I'm undeniably a Texas girl through and through and will never leave this great state (or give up college football). 

You can find me at home most of the time working on creating for my Etsy shop, lighting a candle I picked up at Target, or flipping through Pinterest while I watch 5 episodes of (insert tv show here) on Netflix. 

Thanks so much for reading my blog, it means so much to me! Please introduce yourself below, if you feel so inclined. :)



two.


Here's my first baby, Motley, that I was talking about above! She is a border collie-catahoula mix (we're guessing) that we got on Craigslist three years ago. She is fierce when she wants to play and a puddle of sweetness when it's time for bed. She's 60lbs of snuggle in our bed at night and although we always act like she shouldn't sleep in our bed, we love it. 

Here she is this week begging for food from her BFF. She is usually his shadow!



three.

Like I mentioned, we have a little one on the way! This is our first (human) baby and we are SO excited. We did a gender reveal party in March and found out we are having a little man so we've started on the nursery and chosen a name but you'll have to wait to see both!

Look how big this little guy is getting!



four.


I had SO MUCH FUN making these lounge shorts for a bride and her bridesmaids. We worked together to customize the ribbon and thread color and I'm hoping she loves them! I really enjoy challenging myself through Etsy and this new venture was definitely a challenge, but I'm so happy I took her up on it!


five.

My husband is SUPER handy and surprised me with this craft last weekend when I came home from being out during the day. I had shown him something similar on Pinterest about a year ago and since he's gotten into woodworking recently, he decided to make it for me! 


I saved up the Dr. Pepper bottles and now I have an excuse to buy fresh flowers every week. :) I'm considering learning how to make it myself and sell them on Etsy or at craft fairs around town, but we'll see! I'd love your feedback!



So that's me, and that's my week! Thanks so much for reading and happy Friday!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!