wonderfully made: We didn't skip Christmas last year...oh and new floors!

Monday, January 26, 2015

We didn't skip Christmas last year...oh and new floors!

Happy Monday everyone! It feels a little odd to be here...I haven't been around 'these parts' on a Monday in a while! 

Be sure to check out my post below - it's a blog sale! I impulsively cleaned out my closet on Saturday and posted all the good stuff so you guys can get first dibs. I've already sold a bunch but I still have some great things left (like those J. Crew shoes that deserve a loving home) at garage sale prices! Everything is GENTLY used (I'm bad about buying things and not wearing them) and in great shape and for a great price. Check it out!

You guys are going to have to bear with me here...as alluded to in my opening paragraph, I missed a big chunk of blogging in December so I'm catching up here. Brace yourselves...

Let's talk about Christmas 2014. Mark and I decided to rip up our flooring over Thanksgiving and put down new wood laminate and new baseboards. We still aren't done (we took a month long break) but we did manage to get everything back in the house and decorate for Christmas. It was shortly after that that I took my blogging break so I never shared the floors OR the decor!

I wanted to wait until they were done, but to the untrained eye I bet they look done anyway. We still need to caulk and add quarter round (this goes at the base of the baseboards to hide the unlevel floors because pretty much all floors are not level) but so far we are loving them! 


You guys. We had a crooked tree this year. It was leaning between 30-40 degrees the entire time. I tried fixing it about three times before I gave up. I think it was trying to escape out the window. #keepingitreal


I'm in deep love with our new 5" baseboards. They remind me so much of our little craftsman rental in Oak Cliff!


With new floors come new rugs. Mark hates it. I love it. #happywifehappylife


My grandparents recently sold their home and 'downsized' into a sweet retirement community. I was so happy to get a lot of 'hand me downs' in the form of this mid-century marble topped coffee table along with matching end tables, a chair, a SAH-WEET light (can't wait to show y'all!) and some knick-knacks. 


That's my sweet baby hubby in that frame back in his Canada glory days! He still has and wears that hat...


Christmas happens all over the place.


Red and green m&m's are a holiday staple, right?



So, I saw these really awesome faux-fur tree skirts at Marshall's before Christmas and like a dummy, I hesitated and went home to think it over. I went back a week later and they were gone. So, this year, I improvised and used my $10 Ikea faux sheepskin that only covered 1/3 of the tree base. Those tree skirts will be MINE next Christmas!!!


I really liked our Christmas wrapping theme this year, especially the black printed one. 


Annddd this was the first of 3 rugs that I bought for the kitchen. This one was ok but it shed like CRAZY and I knew that the cats would just make it worse. We've settled on a winner so I'll share that another time. 


Not very Christmas-y, but here is the kitchen with the pretty new floors. We didn't try to match the floors to the counter tops but I think they work together nicely and the contrast isn't jarring in the slightest. Sometimes pairing woods can be tricky!

So that was our home for Christmas and those are our new floors! I have lots to update you guys on so keep checking back! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!