wonderfully made: Houston

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Houston

I was up and at 'em on Saturday morning for the four hour drive to Houston. I was heading down to visit my friends Emily and Heather who just moved into a super cute 1920's duplex about a month ago. The drive went well and I had sunny Texas skies for most of the way until I hit the storm that was dropping lots of rain on my destination. The weekend ended up providing great weather though and we enjoyed some relaxing time together, not doing much of anything!









Our visits usually consist of food and more food so we made sure to check out Local Foods, Petite Sweets, El Tiempo, and of course Chick Fil A for this prego! We had brunch at Downhouse on Sunday as well!


I had two furry (and meow-y) passengers on the way down. As I mentioned here, Emily and Heather have graciously agreed to adopt our two grown cats. They were feeling a little lonely in their apartment and Mark and I were up to our eyeballs in fur and living beings in our modest home. We knew that with a baby on the way, it was just going to get more stressful! This was the perfect situation - we know H & E will provide a loving, safe home for the cats and will really enjoy their company. Plus, we can see them whenever we want!

After some laziness and naps, we all hung out in Heather's room with Kitty (she was being much more social than Flip, who wasn't quite sure what to think of Houston).





I got Kitty in the spring of 2009 when I lived with my friend Jody in Lubbock. She was just barely 6 weeks old and the tiniest kitten! She has been such a good cat. I'll miss her a lot, but I know where to find her (and I've made them promise to give her back if they don't want her anymore and/or if we decide we can have her back). 



Houston was kind to me with good weather, good food, good company, and a good nap on Sunday afternoon before I headed home. 



Bye, Houston! Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!