wonderfully made: a day at the museum

Monday, January 25, 2016

a day at the museum

One major perk of staying home with Beau is getting to meet up with my family quite often. My mom doesn't work anymore so I see her about once or twice a week, even though she lives about 50 miles away. 

On Friday, she had a doctor's appointment in the 'big city' of Dallas so we made plans to meet downtown afterward. 

I did a little research and dubbed the day a 'cultural exploration' of Dallas, and that's about what it was. We had plans to check out Pecan Lodge but were apprehensive since it is known for a constant line out the door. As expected, the line was pretty long once we got there so we just walked down the street to Uncle Uber's, a delish sandwich shop in Deep Ellum. 



My mom and I both got the Roast Beef sandwich and it was SO good. REALLY, really good...so much so that I'll probably have to go back again soon to have another one. 


From there, we headed to the arts district to check out the Dallas Museum of Art. I'd been through it quickly a few years ago but hadn't been back since they started offering free admission, so we thought it would be fun to take a look at.




The museum is HUGE and we only made it through about 2/3 of what we wanted to see during our 3 hour tour there. 



This area showcased some modern furniture. Since I just 'retired' from the furniture industry, it was fun to take a look at and recognize pieces and names.



This is mom saying "That's 80's?" Yes, mom. #duh


We took a quick break while the tiniest member of the group had his second lunch and looked out over downtown. 






We saw Van Gogh, Cassat, Monet, Renoir, and many, many other GREAT pieces of art. I always forget how much I love cultural outings like these until I find myself in them. We both declared it a great day!

dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!