wonderfully made: Five on Friday - standard time

Friday, November 7, 2014

Five on Friday - standard time

Happy Friday! I'm linking up here with April on this November Friday. See my weekly roundup below!

-one-

Standard time.

I hate it! I hate standard time. I hate that I drive home from work in the dark! I hate that I have to wait 5 whole days every week until I get to the weekend so I can take blog and etsy pictures in the sunlight. I hate that I want to go to bed at 8pm because it’s pitch black outside. I hate that I can’t leave my blinds open all day because people can see into my house once it hits 5pm. I hate that I can’t go on walks around the neighborhood. I hate that I can’t water the plants or get work done outside (Mark too!).

Don’t get me wrong, I love a cozy night on the couch watching Netflix and drinking hot chocolate, but not EVERY night for 6 months! I attribute ALL of my winter weight to standard time. Ever heard of seasonal affective disorder? Self-diagnosed right here. Gah!

-two-



Speaking of Netflix…I’m halfway through season 3 (of Gilmore Girls, discussed way too many times previously). I seem to be averaging one season per week. Do I have a problem? No. Ask me again in 4 weeks when I’m done and have to start all over!

-three-

I went through the house this week and slowly siphoned out all of the Halloween décor (skulls, skeletons, etc.) and left out the Fall things. They will stay there until early December! We do a real tree and I don’t like getting it too early because the clutter gets overwhelming and dealing with a dead tree is no fun! There is still a lonely skull hanging out on the front porch that I haven’t grabbed yet. Whoops! Right now everything is kind of piling up in the garage…add that to the list of things to do this weekend in between season 3 and 4!

-four-


Re: waiting until the weekend to take photos – I’m anxiously waiting to get some outfit pictures in this top that I got from eShakti! I have a TON of new information about this super cool company and I wore the shirt to work yesterday and got some compliments! I can’t wait to show you how else I’m wearing it and tell you all about eShakti! I was so impressed with them! 

I’m also taking some photos of a new camera strap that has been neglected for a couple of weeks, but it’s SO super cute! Be sure to check out my Etsy shop as I’m restocking for Christmas over the next couple of weeks and let me know if you want anything custom!

-five-


It’s finally soup and chili season in Texas (maybe there is ONE good thing about standard time?) so I’m pulling out the crockpot and making my version of some chicken taco soup/chili tonight. Mark’s parents are coming down to visit and I’m excited for some chit-chat over a warm bowl of this! My recipe is one of my favorite meals ever so keep an eye out for the recipe here soon!


Happy Weekend, y’all!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!