wonderfully made: pumpkin patch 2015 & an update on Beau

Monday, October 26, 2015

pumpkin patch 2015 & an update on Beau

One thing I LOVE about being a stay at home mom is that I'm now able to participate in some of the fun things I've watched my sister and mom do over the years. They both live about 45 minutes to an hour away from us so I have to pick and choose what I can do with them, but so far we've really enjoyed getting to spend more time together!

Last week I joined them for their annual trip to this farm and pumpkin patch for pictures. It was a little last minute so Beau didn't have a full-on "fall" outfit ready but I think he did just fine...

Beau with cousins Noah and Audrey

The patch they go to is also a botanical garden so we spent some time following these silly kids around the grounds.





After we explored, we prepped Beau to join his cousins for a photo op.



There was no shortage of paparazzi...




...and no shortage of shenanigans, either.






He had to put up with a WHOLE lot of crazy, but it was worth it! Lots of fun was had at the pumpkin patch. Can't wait for next year as a 1 year old!



......................................................

Beau update: Shortly after my post about Beau's possible condition, we got an appointment with a geneticist. That appointment won't be for another couple of weeks, but we were also able to secure an appointment today with an orthopedist at Scottish Rite. We are thankful that we are able to be seen by them so quickly. The orthopedic team there is renowned and we think we are in really good hands. Our appointment is this afternoon and we hope to learn more about what is going on with our boy. I'm a little nervous going into it not only because of the gravity of the appointment but also because I don't feel like I'm prepared. To be honest, I have kind of gone numb over whatever condition Beau has since I last wrote about it. I've done a little bit of research but it is all so overwhelming, especially as I'm already pretty mentally overwhelmed just with learning to care for a newborn and morph into a stay at home mom all at the same time. I'm hoping my mind will clear for bit during the appointment and the doctors will be able to lay the groundwork and guide us along this new path we are taking. 
I'll be sure to update you all as we learn more. Thank you, as always, for your prayers and advice during this time!

dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!