wonderfully made: Spring's top 10 to-do items

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Spring's top 10 to-do items

Let's face it: Texas skipped winter this year. Personally, I'm fine with that. We are fully into 60 and 70 degree temperatures and Spring (and Summer! my favorite!) is just around the corner. Here's a list of 10 things I want and need to do this Spring:

......

1. paint! I never got around to touching up the paint from when we moved into our home three years ago. I want the ceilings to be whiter and I need to patch some nail holes and paint over those as well. 

2. visit the tulip fields in Pilot Point. I just found out about this and it looks like a great day trip! The prices for the tulips are a little high but it would be a great adventure and a few tulips would be a fun souvenir.


3. plant! Every Spring, I get all excited about planting things outdoors. Mark and I have a weekend of working in the yard and it looks good for about a week. 1 out of 52 weeks is about all we've got. However, I planted some sweet potato vine in a couple of pots in our yard last year and they seemed to do really well, so I think I'm going all out on sweet potato vine this year!

4. visit downtown Grapevine for an afternoon. I don't know how I've never explored downtown Grapevine. I have family in the city and I'm there quite a bit, but I've never meandered down Main Street. This would be the perfect activity for a sunny day!


5. go on a Home Tour put on by one of the historic neighborhoods around here. I can't believe I've never done a Home Tour...especially with my design background! I LOVE looking at houses so this is totally up my alley. I'm definitely doing this!


6. update our blinds. I've been wanting to switch out some blinds for bamboo shades and I think I may talk Mark into doing that. I love the updated look and the cost isn't much - plus, we don't have many windows to update anyway! 


7. get involved in a Meetup group. I've had SO many people ask me if I have a group of moms around me and everyone has suggested getting involved with a Meetup group of stay at home moms. Beau is getting to the age where he is aware of his surroundings and I am totally open to meeting new people, so I'm challenging myself to get out there and meet some more moms!

8. visit the Dallas Farmers Market. Mark and I went a couple of years ago and it was GREAT. I loved being out in the fresh air and seeing all of the pretty veggies! Since we'll be starting Beau on solids soon, I'd love to pick out some fruit and veggies for him at the Market, and then we could even head over to Pecan Lodge like I've been wanting to!


9. get a library membership. I've been meaning to do this but haven't gotten to it yet. We live about a mile away from a HUGE branch of our public library. It looks so cool and I know there is a ton inside just waiting for Beau and I to explore. We need to get a membership and see what's in store!

10. take photos in the bluebonnets! I've wanted to do this over the last few years but of course, never found the time. Now I have a cute little photo prop so this is a MUST in Texas! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!