wonderfully made: "Markitect"

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

"Markitect"

I touched on this last week but I wanted to dedicate a full post to singing my husband's praises! Mark has officially become an Architect after logging thousands of hours under mentors and passing 7 exams since graduating with his Master's degree(s) in 2010. I was super proud of him and he deserved a celebration so that's just what we did!


Mark is the kind of person that never thinks he deserves any praise but his accomplishments totally called for it. I threw together a little get-together last weekend just to show him how proud our families are of him and give him a pat on the back! It was super simple (no Pinterest party here) and we just ate pizza, played soccer, and chatted for a couple of hours. It was the definition of low-key!





We had a fun group of family members that came to show their support and that group included LOTS of kids. Luckily, it was a great day in February - about 75 degrees outside but cloudy so we didn't sweat in the sun. The kids were outside 100% of the time and made great use out of our (not so pretty) yard. The boys found the few balls that Beau has already accumulated and a rowdy game of soccer/football was had! The rest of us just watched and laughed or caught up on each other's lives.









Mark's dad brought over his portfolio from college and it was fun thumbing through everything. This model was the highlight of the day and everyone oohed and ahhed, much to Mark's embarrassment, I think!


It was so nice having family there to show their support of Mark and I really hope he took it to heart. We are so proud of him! Everyone left full and tired so I called the party a success. I'm just so proud of my husband, my Architect!


dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!