wonderfully made: Pinspiration

Monday, February 3, 2014

Pinspiration

I want to take a break from posts about my own home and focus on something that has changed the 21st century and is accessible to so many people:



I know, I talk about Pinterest in almost every post, but it is SUCH a good resource. 

I work hand in hand daily with a well-known design company (pretty much a sister company to my workplace) and as I was scrolling through their website recently, I found designer profiles which had a smattering of Q&A. One of the questions was this: "Pinterest, thumbs up or thumbs down?". Many of the answers were along the lines of "what's Pinterest?", "I don't have time for that" and "thumbs down". One answer really got me thinking, though. A female designer said "thumbs up, but there will always  be a need for a professional designer." While I agree with her, I think that Pinterest is an excellent resource for many of us that can't hire a designer.

In addition to design ideas, there are thousands of recipes (for those without a professional cook) and workout routines (for those without a professional trainer). I think you catch my drift. Pinterest is an accessible designer, chef, personal trainer, graphic designer, etc. for regular people.

Since Pinterest, weddings have gotten more elaborate. 
Since Pinterest, photography has gotten more creative. 
Since Pinterest, baby showers have become an extravagant party. 
Since Pinterest, we have all been able to get dressed day after day. ;)
Since Pinterest, people have reached inside for their own creativity and we've been blessed with original ideas.

I am in no way compensated by Pinterest for writing this, but I just have to sing it's praises for a bit and pass on the good news to anyone that hasn't tried it yet. 

I've got quite the boards going on my account, and here are a few that legitimately make my day better just by scrolling through them:







I've used Pinterest to inspire me in many areas, even some outside of our home. I'm sure you've seen them before, but here are some pins that I copied or adjusted for my use:


As soon as I hesitantly bought my booties, I got on Pinterest in the parking lot (#girl confession) to see how I was supposed to wear them.


I took a new spin on this pillow here!


Post coming up soon on the dresser I redid, but you can see it here!


I've done this with an old canvas for our living room.


I've worn this outfit!


I posted a picture of how I did something similar with my too-short shorts here!


I just wrote about my take on this here!


I was torn on whether I could pull this off, and I asked you guys here about it.


One of the first things we did when we moved in was paint our knobs, which I wrote about here.


I always have to double take to make sure this isn't a photo of me, but it's totally my style!

People tell me all the time that they think I'm creative or artsy or crafty, or they wish I would come decorate their homes. I just want to share the fact that you can do it yourself (and I'm really not all that creative)! Pinterest is the perfect tool to get you started and spark an interest in a creative field or even just to learn something. If you don't already have it, try it out. If you do have it, reinvent your profile so it's a constant source of inspiration. You'll be amazed at how you view things after you are a part of the community of sharing ideas. 

Pin away, friends!

1 comment :

  1. Could not agree more!! Pinterest is awesome and a daily source of inspiration!! From fitness to fashion to decor!! Personally I love trying the recipes...don't know what I would do with out it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!