wonderfully made: A busy weekend ahead

Thursday, September 19, 2013

A busy weekend ahead

I've made it through the week so that means that I can start thinking about our weekend in New Orleans now!

I hope they don't mind me sharing, but these two beautiful people are getting married this weekend!



Houston is Mark's coworker, project manager, and soccer buddy (when Mark still played). Mark has worked with him for over two years now at Corgan and we have loved getting to know them at company parties since then. Loren and Houston are both from Louisiana so they are getting married in New Orleans and we decided to make an adventure out of the opportunity to attend and see the city. Mark and I have never been, so we are excited about a totally new experience for the both of us!



We are staying at a cute little bed and breakfast called the Southern Comfort Bed & Breakfast in the Garden district. This place has great reviews and I'm so anxious to see what it's like! We will be just a couple of blocks from St. Charles avenue, where the trolley runs (so I'm told!) so I'm hoping we can use that as our mode of transportation to hit all the stops over the weekend.



The welcome party, thrown by Houston's parents, is at Jax Brewery in the French Quarter. Mark and I opted not to stay in the French Quarter or on Bourbon Street (we like our sleep!) but I'm excited to see this part of town for the wedding events!



We've left Saturday morning open so we can see where the city takes us. On my list is visiting the St. Louis Cathedral and touring around Jackson Square. From what I've seen, the area and the church are both stunning and I'm excited to see it in real life!


Another stop on my wish list is Cafe du Monde. Most pictures I've seen from here include a line out the door, though, so I'm not sure if we'll venture in, but I'll do my best! I had to explain to Mark what a beignet was, so maybe he'll get to try one out!



I'm hoping we have some free time to just wander around aimlessly so we can get a taste of the architecture. New Orleans seems like a different world and I'm excited to see a change in style and pace!

Saturday night is the big party and the wedding and reception will be at Latrobe's on Royal in the French Quarter, as well. 



The place looks amazing, so I'm sure it won't disappoint!

Now - what should I pack!? 

Anyone have some other must-sees in New Orleans? Send them over and I'd love to stop in and report back on what I think!


2 comments :

  1. The whole French Quarter is gorgeous, I'd say just spend as much time there as possible!

    I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant Brittany and I ate at when we were there. We had the best pizza ever and the restaurant itself had so much character. All I remember is that it was just down the road from Jackson Square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you're going to have so much fun!
    I've only been to NOLA once, but it's so beautiful and there's so much to do!!
    Can't wait to see your pictures from the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!