wonderfully made: What had happened was...

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What had happened was...

I've been really bad about taking pictures recently and thus, really bad at blogging; and for that, I apologize! I'm trying though, I really am.

I don't have much to update you on other than work for Mark and me both is crazy, and we just want to come home during the week and veg out on the couch. We live it up on the weekends with the occasional 8pm trip to Target where the adventure gets even more exciting when we realize at the checkout that we've forgotten our reusable bags. I'm not kidding y'all, I can't make this stuff up. It's riveting. 

Anyway, I'm still doing SOME things, so here's a quick little recap of those things from last week:


We made the trek to Fort Worth on a Tuesday night (see, I told you? We're wild.) to catch the FWSSR, or the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. Fort Worth is where the REAL cowboys are. I grew up going to this rodeo and stock show and it has always been fun...but this year I found myself hiding behind my hands most of the time. Last year we witnessed a fatal accident for one of the calves and this year the same thing happened in the same event...I'm not a big animal activist and I love my meat like most Texans, but watching it happen for sport is pretty jarring. I think we will probably skip the rodeo next year.


Depressing news aside, it was still a fun time and we always like getting to see family in the middle of the week. Mark was in a chipper mood and he posed for this cutout board at the Cowgirl Museum, which I love. It's SO not Mark, but I love that he was a good sport. :)


Another high point of my weekend was enjoying the spoils of our wild night at Target on Sunday. I usually skip the dollar section but I went out on a limb and checked it out during our trip and snagged this AWESOME "be mine" banner. I love it. Like, it might just stay up in my house all year. Like most of pinterest, I've fallen in love with banners and my new goal is to collect one for every season and holiday. LOVE IT!!! (also, my new Netflix binge is Parenthood. I watched it when it was live and then stopped around the 4th season so now I'm picking it back up and hoping the last season is released soon so I can catch it on Netflix without interrupting my momentum!)


We watched the "big game" with my family and my sister's in-laws in Arlington and I came across this meme during the game and L-O-Led. I'm not a big NFL fan but I follow the 'haps' and this just gave me the giggles. 

So that's what's going on in our lives right now! Glad I could catch everyone up! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!