wonderfully made: a twist on good, better, & best

Thursday, February 12, 2015

a twist on good, better, & best

I wanted to do a fun post today with a 'good, better, and best' on movies lately but unfortunately I could only think of three movies I've seen recently and they are as follows:



Bad, horrible, terrible, won't recommend to anyone




Mark begged me for MONTHS to watch Guardians of the Galaxy. He swore that it was SO GOOD and that so many people had told him that. I'm not really a sci-fi kind of person but I can get into the early Star Wars so I was willing to give this movie a chance. It. was. horrible. Really, it was SO BAD. No offense to any fans out there, but I can't really see any redeeming qualities in it. Granted, I didn't make it all the way through, I had to get up and walk away. Just...no.




Good




Steering clear of any political bias here, I really did like American Sniper. It was a semi feel-good movie that brought out the patriot in me and hey, I always like anything with Bradley Cooper in it (even if he's 40lbs heavier). It wasn't until the end of the movie that I realized WHO it was actually about. I remember the caravan through Dallas and Arlington during Chris Kyle's funeral. It was a sad day. You should see this movie!

Better




I was really surprised with this movie. Like I said, sci-fi isn't my thing, but if it's done well, I can get into it. This was a LONG movie but it was really good! I don't even like Matthew McConaughey very much and I loved the movie. I think that says a lot about it! The one thing I didn't like was Anne Hathaway. I think she was totally the wrong actress for this film. She is much too "broadway" and I just couldn't believe in her character. Anyway, if you're on the fence, I say give it a try! This was one of the better movies I've seen in a long time.

I'm sure you can tell that I don't watch that many movies and I'm pretty behind the times, but I wanted to share my thoughts! What movies are you loving these days?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!