wonderfully made: planning ahead | holiday cards

Monday, November 9, 2015

planning ahead | holiday cards

Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming!!!

I'm a firm believer in waiting until AFTER Thanksgiving to start the Christmas cheer, but I'm also a planner. I ordered our Christmas tree this weekend, picked out a stocking for Beau, and we have our pictures scheduled for next weekend for our holiday cards. I shared our card here last year and I'm so excited to do them again this year while announcing 'baby B' formally to our friends and family!

Miss Astleigh, a fellow blog friend and mama-to-be to a sweet little girl is also a fellow small business owner. As a small business owner myself, I'm so happy to support Astleigh as she is transitioning her small venture into a career with Hill Collection Designs. Astleigh worked with me to create a few different card layouts and themes and I love the creativity she put into each one!

We don't have our photos yet so I just sent her a few favorite pics and she put these holiday proofs together:

loving the buffalo check!!!


I like the idea of having a place to write a personalized note!

Here's a sampling of some birth announcements she put together as well:



I also told her we were thinking about doing a joint birth announcement/holiday card and she whipped this up super quick for me and sent it via email with an open offer to make as many edits as I wanted:

swoon!!!


All of Astleigh's designs are professionally printed on 140 lb card stock. They are 5x7" front and back (they are postcard style and do not fold). She offers a selection of pre-made cards, some with various color options, and custom cards where she works one on one with the client to make a card that fits their idea.  Not doing Christmas or holiday cards? She makes anything from holiday cards to shower invites, birth announcements, and thank you notes. 

I've really enjoyed getting to know Astleigh and working with her through her small business. If you're looking for a customized holiday (or other) card and want to work with and support a small business, then Astleigh is your girl. Her prices are great, her designs are creative and classic, and you won't find better customer service or response time with anyone other than Hill Collection Designs

I'll be back later this week to share more about our family pictures! I'd love to see yours too. Post in the comments if you have already done yours!

Happy Holidays!


dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!