wonderfully made: beau andrew | two months

Thursday, November 12, 2015

beau andrew | two months

It is crazy how fast the days/weeks go by. I fully intend to update my blog a few times a week and by the time I finally think about it, it's 10:30pm and I still have to feed, burp, change, and put a baby to bed (all before tending to my own personal to-do list). So, sorry. It hasn't happened as often as I've wanted but hopefully it will get better. :)

Beau is TWO MONTHS OLD. What? How did that happen? He is much more 'boy' now and much less 'baby'. It makes me sad but I enjoy watching him grow and learn new things so much! 




At two months, Beau is:

-smiling, cooing, giggling, and fake-crying at us
-going 2.5-4 hours between feedings during the day (but averages about every 3 hours)
-still a man of variety at night. No night is consistent as far as how long he sleeps. He'll do a few 5 or 6 hour stretches for a few nights in a row and then he's back to eating every 3 hours the next couple of nights. 
-still sleeping in the rock -n- play next to my bed but Mark has been pushing to get him into the crib. I think tonight I'll try him in the pack -n- play in our room and then *try* to transition into the crib this weekend when I have Mark's help (to go console him when/if he cries)



-moving those legs! This was the best picture I could get!
-loving being sat up or held up against our shoulder so he can look around. he cranes his neck to whatever is the most interesting and just stares. 
-loving tummy time for sleeping and for looking around. He lifts his head REALLY high for the first few minutes before he gets tired. 
-solidly wearing 3 month and 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
-growing out of his 3 month sleepers. We're getting a few more wears out of them and moving onto 3-6 and 6 month sized sleepers! Big boy!


-establishing a bit of a schedule during the day. It's pretty much eat, awake for about an hour, then sleep, repeat. 
-letting us know when he is tired and wants to go to sleep. It takes a little more effort to get him to sleep now, too. I have to hold his hands down because he is constantly flailing them around.
-taking a pretty good nap around 11am and then sometimes does another good one from 2:30-4:30. We like those! Also cat-napping throughout the rest of the day.
-just barely starting to swat at things. He still has a closed fist but he definitely has raised his arm to touch a toy on one or two occasions. I was surprised at how proud I was of him when he did it!


-a morning person! This boy LOVES seeing faces in the morning. He pretty much has a constant smile on his face for the first few minutes he is awake. 
-becoming more of a mama's boy. If he is fussy, sometimes all he wants are some mama snuggles

He hasn't been officially weighed since 7 weeks old but I weighed him at home about a week ago and he was 15lbs 3oz. We go to the doctor today for his 2 month check-up (and shots! :( pray for us) and we'll get the stats then.



That's our boy! We still love him lots. :) 


dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!