wonderfully made: 2014 Girls Scarf Exchange

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2014 Girls Scarf Exchange

I left you guys hanging a few weeks ago with my teaser on our 2nd annual scarf exchange! I’m so sorry and I hate to be a bad blogger so I’m following up today! If you’re new here, go here to read my recap on the 1st annual scarf exchange last year.





I’ve seen this all over the Internet and my sister-in-law and her friends do their own version of a scarf exchange. Basically, it’s a gift exchange that follows the format of a Chinese Christmas or Chinese gift exchange. Everyone brings a wrapped scarf and draws a number. Number 1 goes first and chooses a gift and opens it. Number 2 and so on have the option to either steal a scarf that has already been unwrapped or choose from the remaining wrapped gifts. Each scarf can only be stolen twice, rendering it ‘frozen’ on the third steal. Once you reach the end, Number 1 is then given the option to steal or keep the first scarf they got.






My group of friends LOVE a good scarf so we have paired a fun girls night with this exchange. As I mentioned, this was the second year! We ended up reserving a table at the same place as last year (Urban Crust – I can’t say enough good things about this place. If you’re local, go NOW!) and enjoyed a couple hours of lots of laughs and pretty scarves. See for yourself!

*the lights were pretty low in there so the pictures got a little blurry without the flash. Bear with me! :)







It was such a fun night!

Tomorrow is the beginning of my favorite month - October! Come back because I'll be attempting to blog every day in October for #blogtober14. Happy Fall y'all!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!