wonderfully made: A finished bedroom

Monday, March 24, 2014

A finished bedroom

When we first moved in, I wasn't super focused on our bedroom. I had dreams of it looking good, of course, but there just wasn't a lot of thought put into it. Fast forward 9-ish months and I think it's the most complete room in the house. 

We put up curtains about a month ago and I've also moved some "art" around. Lately I've been searching for a large piece to go above the dresser and bring some height to that side of the room. I was inspired by these two pins:

I ended up doing a combination of both and this is what I came up with:


The project was really easy and basically fool-proof. I just picked up a $12 piece of plywood at Home Depot that looked roughly the right size. Then I stained it using leftover counter top stain from our kitchen remodel and painted my words on!

I love the verse and I think it's perfect for our room. 






I'd say our room is basically complete, unless we decide to replace the flooring down the road.










I can't say the same about the bathroom...disaster! Update on that coming soon! ;)




We were busy this weekend so I have a lot more DIY posts coming down the pipeline. Be sure to check back!

Have a great Monday!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!