wonderfully made: Outdoor updates : part one

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Outdoor updates : part one

The last few weekends (excluding the most recent) we have had some really good weather here in north Texas. I got a little carried away and picked up some bright flowers and décor to spruce up the front of our house.
 
I found this sign for 50% off at Hobby Lobby and thought it would be perfect for this wall on our front porch.
 
 
Down the road, I have plans to paint the floor and the ceiling and add a chair or a bench plus some pillows for an extra cozy feel, but for now this sign does the trick!
 
 
The sign does double duty when we have the windows open. It really makes the porch feel like more square footage, and it should be treated as such!
 
 
If anything, the picture above shows how far we really have to go before our landscaping is complete. Crossing my fingers for a big change after the summer!
 
Also on the agenda was changing out the wreath on the door.
 
 
This is the first yarn wreath I made and it's still one of my favorites! I just added some black and white chevron ribbon and it was just the touch it needed to SCREAM 'me'. Love it!
 
The previous owners left this pot when we took over the house and it's been sitting with weeds in it for a while. I just bought a big pallet of pansies (super cheap) and put them all together.
 
 
 
 
I'm hoping I can keep them alive through the summer!
 
We have plans to really dive in with our landscaping this summer. I'm probably a little ambitious to think of what we can accomplish, but I hope it's an improvement on what we have now!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!