wonderfully made: The one where we plant a tree

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The one where we plant a tree

I got the sweetest gift from Mark - he promised to buy and plant a tree in our backyard! That was on our anniversary...6 months ago. SO the time finally came that I dragged him out of the house and down the street to Home Depot to "get me my tree, dangit!"


Yep, I forced him to pose at Home Depot. I then made him turn in his man card.



I'm not sure why he was so worried about how we would get it home...


I swear, I'm going to have like 2 total pictures of my kids...but I'll have a million of that time we planted a tree!


After a small amount of research, we decided to go with an "autumn blaze" maple tree. I crack up every time I say the name, but it's supposed to have 'exceptional' fall color which was basically my #1 requirement for my tree.



Breaking ground!




I touched the top of the tree and said "goodbye! grow tall and strong!" 

I'm so weird.



I was very helpful.



Motley LOVES her new tree! It's like a sister to her.


SO I REALLY wanted to get a picture in front of our tree and continue documenting it on our anniversary to see how it grows. Easier said than done, my friends. Check out our little photobomber...




She is insane. Anyway, here we are on day 1 of our tree journey! I'm so excited to watch it grow!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!