wonderfully made: davis jeffrey | 9 months

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

davis jeffrey | 9 months

Believe it or not, I never got around to posting Davis' 9 month update. I am feeling the mommy guilt because I'm an advocate for second children and I dropped the ball! I didn't end up getting his 'official' 9 month photo in the chair but I've gathered photos from his 9th month and I still remember a few things that happened... ;)


Davis really started crawling on his hands and knees this month. He was about 50/50 army crawl vs hands and knees but he figured it out! He also started pulling up to his knees a lot, but wobbly on his feet. 


He had his first Easter which we spent with both sides of the family and he got to wear an old outfit of Mark's up to McKinney. It fit perfectly!


He weighed in at 19lbs 7oz right at nine months old. He was 30% for weight and 95% for height. Skinny and tall! I'm anxious to see if he will be taller than his older brother one day. We've been feeding him lots lately so maybe he'll be a little more 'average' in weight at his next checkup.


He's been eating real food 2-3 times a day. I'm still gun shy about food since he is such a different eater than Beau was and also wary about the whole dairy thing but he's had dairy and soy and all sorts of things with no major reaction. 


He went on his first AND second road trip to Houston and then to Boerne, both for my cousins' weddings. He did great and only required one or two stops along the way to stretch his legs. We've been meaning to change him into his convertible car seat but haven't gotten around to it yet!


We spent lots of time at the Perot and Fort Worth museums using our membership. We love using their 'baby' areas but it won't be long before he's toddling after Beau and playing in the water!


He spent his first weekend away from mommy...or, rather, I spent my first weekend away from him when I went to Horseshoe Bay for my friend's wedding. He did great hanging out with daddy!


He's getting his consonants down and says "ba, ma, da," all the time. He LOVES attention and wants to be held, talked to, smiled at, etc. He will crawl over to our legs, pull up, and look at us with puppy eyes so we will pick him up. 


He's iffy on sleep and sometimes still wakes up once a night. Other times he sleeps until 6 or 7. 

He's adventurous and tactile and loves to feel grass and put leaves in his mouth. 


He's the sweetest little boy and we are loving watching him grow! 

Here's the rest of the photos from month 9:






































dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!