wonderfully made: 23 week bumpdate

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

23 week bumpdate

The last week-ish has been one for the books. Busy, tired, sore, sick, and just trying to stay on top of things (Mark and I both) so there's no 'official' bump picture. I'll try to get one posted before next week! This one was taken in downtown Dallas after leaving a morning meeting. I thought the #Dallasbig setup had more than one meaning...


How far along?  23 weeks

Baby's size: a grapefruit! From here on out, my apps give me a wide range of sizes for the babe. He weighed 14.2 ounces and 9" long at my 20 week appointment so I imagine he's grown over the last 3 weeks! 


Total weight gain: I'm pretty sure I gained 5lbs within a two week span...yikes! I'm up to 15lbs and hoping that slows down (since it all came on quickly)...I'm also (sort of) watching my eating (a little bit).

Maternity clothes? All of the maternity clothes! Well, pants and dresses and skirts. Still squeezing into all of my shirts! I may have to invest in some maternity lounge wear because my normal lounge-y shorts are going to get stretched out! Also, (getting real here) y'all...the bras. They are my worst enemy. I just ordered this one on Amazon and I'm really, REALLY hoping it's the answer to my prayers. Please, PLEASE chime in if you found a comfortable bra while pregnant!


Sleep: Same! I have an odd setup for sleeping...first, the air must be turned down and the fan must be on. Second, I must have my snoogle pillow as well as a kidney pillow situated slightly more than halfway up the snoogle, so it almost looks like a backwards "E" on the bed. The kidney pillow supports my side/back and I've noticed it helps a bit with the back pain I've been having (conveniently located right at my bra line, so double ouch!)

Best moment this week: Feeling baby hiccups was pretty sweet, as well as capturing some big kicks on camera so I could show my family and Mark, who hasn't gotten the chance to SEE the kicks.

Worst Moment this week: The haircut that shall not be named. ALSO (coming in at the last minute) I managed to break my chair at work yesterday. "They" tell me it's not because I've put on pregnancy weight, but I can't help but feel a little worthless when I manage to break a $1k + chair for no reason...

Miss Anything? I've had the slightest urge to workout lately but since I've been so lazy for most of this pregnancy, I don't think I could do anything that would be beneficial at this point. I'd love to be able to strengthen my back as well as just get some endorphins going, but considering I'm out of breath after one flight of stairs, that's out of the question.

Cravings: I've made two different desserts this week. I finished the first one in less than 3 days. Maybe this is where the 5lbs came in?

Symptoms: Oy, my back, Oy, oy, oy. I also felt baby's first hiccups yesterday morning! So sweet (and funny, too!)

Looking forward to: crossing my fingers my super secret DIY project gets finished this week. I'll share it as soon as it's done!!

       week 16                                week 17                                        week 18

    week 19                                week 20                                   week 21


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!