wonderfully made: Things are looking up

Monday, July 14, 2014

Things are looking up

Hey, remember this post?

starting point


Or what about this one?

light update


We finally got around to sprucing up our quaint entryway, and we did it easily and inexpensively!

I first spotted this removable wallpaper by Devine Color at Target a few months back and have been biding my time waiting for inspiration to strike. I ALWAYS envisioned using it on the ceiling here, but I wanted to make sure I made the best decision on color/pattern. 

I decided to go monochromatic but textured and patterned, and I really REALLY like it!


I chose the "weave" pattern in Mirage & Silver. It is a great grey without any green or blue undertones, which works perfect with our Dolphin Fin grey paint by Behr. 

We had to cut 3 strips of the paper and then Mark and I worked together to stick it on the ceiling as best as we could. It only took about 30 minutes and was pretty easy! It would be even more simple if you applied it to a wall, so don't be afraid to do it if you're thinking about it! At $30 for a roll, you can take the risk. Plus, it's REMOVABLE (and genius!)!!! 

In case you needed to see 5 pictures of the same thing:





now we're here!

I'm loving the metallic punch along with the darker grey tone, especially when the light is on to make it really sparkle. This transformation has been one of the easiest to accomplish and I think it works wonders on the first impression when stepping into our home. Love it! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday news: I've set up an Etsy shop! It's called sweetsuits (you can find it by searching or just click here)
Right now I only have camera straps listed, but I'll be posting lots more this month. 


Think pillow cases, swimsuits, etc.! Please let me know if I can make you anything custom, because that's available too. Thanks for your support! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!