wonderfully made: Friday things

Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday things

Happy Friday folks!

One of my favorite bloggers April at A. Liz Adventures is usually who I team up with for Five on Friday, but she is taking a break for the summer so I’m inclined to as well! I’ll still post from time to time, but it’s going to be SUPER random! Hang on!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

     We took our nephew Noah to the park last Saturday and made the drive for the promises of this one in Allen. It was pretty cool! It was accessible so it had a HUGE playground flanked by lots of swings and a splash park. It was within a sports complex so there was lots of wide open space and the weather was perfect! We got in some cardio playing tag and hide and seek, too! ;)




---------------------------------------------------------------------

     I had an impulse Craigslist moment on Tuesday and ended up finding and buying a dishwasher. It is a used KitchenAid Superba dishwasher in stainless steel. YES it works, and it fits perfectly. We are slowly transferring all of our appliances to stainless steel (hello, resale!) and this made a big difference in the look of our kitchen! Mark and I both think it helps ‘define’ the space more. (design nerds)


(bad iPhone pics taken at 10pm - I'll take more with my real camera this weekend!)



---------------------------------------------------------------------

       All of my friends and coworkers know about my constant struggle with my hair. It has a LONG troubled history and I’m always lamenting the fact that I can never get it to grow to my liking. At work this week I was talking about even at my longest, my hair has never gotten super long. To prove it, I pulled out the pictures of my hair in high school to show the girls at work. Brace yourselves:

 


This was the longest it has ever been, and those are NATURAL curls. Yep, I used to just shower, apply gel, and let it air dry and that’s what I got. 10+ years of heat and a flat iron has all but destroyed my pretty curls. Now I get kind of a mix of curly, tangled, and frizz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-      I’m going out on a limb and trying some DIY things to let a bit of my creativity out so I swung by Joann’s to pick up some fabric this week. I came home and put together this little reversible pillowcase. The floral was confirmed as ‘grandma’ by 3 out of 4 people (I was #4 of 4) but I think it came out pretty cute. I’m thinking about making more and possibly selling them? I was inspired by this pin:

 Pretty.






So I have a question for you, then. Is this something you would ever consider buying? What other types of patterns/prints/solids/trims should I try out? How much would you spend on a pair of pillows like this? Would you be more likely to buy them if they were monogrammed? Think how cute they could look in themed kids rooms or guest rooms. They could add a little spunk, class, or personality to any bed! I need your thoughts, people! Thanks in advance!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That’s all the random I have for today. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a happy weekend! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!