wonderfully made: Baby B part three and four

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Baby B part three and four


Well, whaddya know, I'm pregnant! (I'm a little late sharing to the blog world, but we've been public since 11 weeks!) 

I had been waffling on adding #3 to our family ever since Davis came along. Mark and I would talk at random about it but we never really decided for sure. Well, it was decided for us! We found out in early March that we were expecting. 

We slowly started to let the news leak out to family and a few close friends. I confided in a friend and mentioned to Mark a couple of times that this pregnancy was different, and that I just "hope it's not twins". Well, I guess I said that a few too many times...

It's twins! We were shocked at my 9 week ultrasound to see two babies in there. That same day, we bought a minivan! We jumped straight into preparation mode. 

We found out via blood test around 11 weeks that we have fraternal boys cooking in there. I don't know what it is about my uterus and boys, but it is what it is and we're excited about a house full of chaos! I'll never have to carry in groceries again...;)


We've since sold our SUV, redecorated the nursery (with TWO cribs!), moved Davis into Beau's room and added bunk beds. I feel like I cannot prepare myself enough to have twins and four children (barely) four and under, so I'm trying to take care of everything I have control over now!


My first trimester was rough with early symptoms like dizziness, head/face/scalp acne (beautiful, I know), nausea, loss of appetite, and exhaustion. Second trimester has been much better and I can sometimes find something that is appetizing to eat! I feel MUCH bigger at this point (20 weeks) than I did with my previous pregnancies, of course. The discomfort is already here to stay and I'm just trying to power through every day, knowing that each day the babies stay inside is so beneficial for them. 


Beau and Davis are so excited. Beau actually understands the concept this time and will kiss my belly, pray for the babies, and talk about them a lot. Sometimes he will claim that he has babies in his tummy to con me out of a snack or something like that. Davis talks about the babies and that there are two of them (as he holds up both pointer fingers) but of course he doesn't really understand quite yet. He'll be two this month!

So that's our exciting update! We are praying these boys grow steadily and are born at a healthy weight and with no complications. Twin pregnancy is a lot harder and a lot more complicated and risky but so far we've been blessed with good doctors appointments and scans. Thank heavens for little boys!


dmariebuchanan@gmail.com Image Map

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!