wonderfully made: Davis Jeffrey

Monday, July 17, 2017

Davis Jeffrey



We welcomed Davis Jeffrey Buchanan into our family yesterday, July 16th, at 8:56am. He surprised us all by not only being born two weeks early (at 38 weeks gestation) but was also a relatively little baby for my history, weighing in at 7lbs 7oz, a full two pounds less than his brother Beau! As with Beau, we kept the name a secret until birth so it has been fun hearing all of the reactions. Davis is just a name that we stumbled upon and liked (before we were even pregnant) and Jeffrey is Mark's middle name. I think it's fitting because I think he resembles Mark the most out of both of our kids! He's got a wicked head of out-of-control dark black grandpa hair, too. I am anxious to see if it comes in blonde like Beau's has!



I fully intended on posting more during pregnancy and was at least going to do a final bumpdate but of course, that's not going to happen now! I will tell his birth story in the coming weeks, as it was a bit more tumultuous than Beau's birth and I want to remember it as well as share it with you all.



I'm still working on getting pictures downloaded (and we'll be in the hospital until midday Tuesday, as well) but here are some of Davis' first pictures. We're smitten!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!