wonderfully made: the end of an era

Monday, May 16, 2016

the end of an era

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about this little blog here and I've come to the conclusion that it is time to take a break. That may not come as a surprise to some of y'all since my posts have been few and far between lately, but I felt like I needed to post something to explain the absence and make it a little more permanent in my own mind.

Before I started blogging, I followed a TON of blogs and looked forward to reading them everyday. As you might expect based on the initial theme of my blog, most of those were home and DIY blogs. I loved reading them every day and getting inspiration from them. Once we bought a house, I was so excited to finally join the blogging world and have this little space to document all of the changes I wanted to take on with our somewhat fixer-upper. I've been around 'these parts' for about three years now and have met tons of people, introduced lots of new themes to my blog, redone my kitchen and floors, painted the whole house, done a bunch of shopping, had a baby, and had some great opportunities just because I shared a bit of our life in this space. It has been everything and more than I dreamed it to be and I'm hesitant to step away.

I never wanted to feel forced to blog and a lot of my posting would come in waves, depending on how motivated I was feeling about writing or not. Recently, the motivation has been at an all time low. After I had Beau, I thought I'd have some great new content (and I have!) but adding in the intense photography and time commitment it takes to get a decent post up has been difficult. I wanted to keep offering a variety of content but found myself constantly talking about babies. I didn't want to live each day in order to have something to blog about, but rather wanted to do the opposite. These days, I am making an effort to better myself and soak up all of this one on one time with Beau. Our lives are very simple and I LOVE it that way - but that doesn't make for good blog fodder. I want to continue these easy days without a camera shoved in his face or the stress each night of needing to write a blog post. 

I'm not completely quitting, though. This is my space and I'm going to keep everything up and looking the way it is. I'll still pop in and post about Beau for family and just to keep some of our memories here. The blog may be resurrected down the road when there are new babies, a new house, or if I just feel inspired to write. Right now, though, I wanted to let you know that I'm stepping away to focus on Beau, on myself, and on my Etsy business (which takes up a lot of time and creativity these days!). I'll miss the interaction with y'all but please know that I am still here! Send me an email or just leave a comment (because those get emailed to me) and if you ever have questions or want me to post about something - let me know! I find more inspiration and motivation to post when I know someone wants to read it. 

Thanks for the ride, y'all. See you around!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey friends! We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and ideas! Share 'em here!